Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

TWIS #12

     This week in science my group and I created a spider observation log during block two. A spider observation log is basically answering questions about the Cellar Spider habitat. We did research on Cellar Spider and the different names it's known for. For example, the scientific name. During class we also watched a video on Ant Caterpillar Mutualism. One thing Ryan did is fed the Cellar spider fruit flies. One thing Jasmine did was help create the habitat with a lot of flowers.
      I learned about the Cellar Spider habitat. I also learned about commensalism, parasitism, mutualism and saprophytes, basically called symbiotic relationships. I still find it complicated. Anyways, I learned the difference between a food web and food chain from watching a brain pop video. Learning about the scientific name for the Cellar Spider was new to me. One thing I learned from what Ryan did was how fast the spider would start eating the fruit flies. Another thing I learned from what Jasmine did was that the more plants or flowers you put in the container the more fungus it would contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment